5.22.2005

Mop, mop, mop, all day long....

So I test drove my mop tonight. No, not a kitchen mop, but a barbeque mop. I have been using basting brushes on the grill for years, but I was getting tired of having the little bristles fall off onto my food while I was grilling. So I went to several local outdoor and kitchen stores. Nothing. So last Sunday I went on a coast trip with my new/old friend, and while I was hanging out on the coast, we swung into the outlet mall. I had been whining about getting a mop, so being that my friend suggested that I check one of the kitchen stores at the outlet mall. Well sure enough, I got my mop and was all happy. I was looking for an excuse to use said mop, but the weather has sucked spokes lately, and I haven't been able to grill out.

Well tonight was the night. I made cayenne chicken with a mango salsa, it was awesome. I also made a tequila lime sauce that was really good, and I was going to mop it onto the chicken. Sure enough, the coverage of the mop was fantastic. The only problem, was that when a bunch of the sauce ran into the coals, it made steam. Steam filled with cayenne pepper, better known as mace. It burned, but I got through it, and as a whole have decided that never again will I use a basting brush on the grill. So if any of my four readers are sitting on the fence about their grilling basting techniques, I suggest using a mop.

Also, when I was looking for random pictures for my blog posting, I found this and this.

9 Comments:

At 5/22/2005 10:28 PM, Blogger Christi said...

First I need a BBQ...then I can worry about the accessories to go with it.

But congrats on your find!

 
At 5/23/2005 10:36 AM, Blogger ted said...

I'm putting in my vote for the funniest of those pictures. It's the dude missing his front teeth giving the "Oh yeah, you know it's good, baby" look. I love it. I love it the most. Honorable mention goes to the happy trees dude with the retard sign. Happy little retards.

 
At 5/23/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

i love the "this" and "this" pics. hee hee.

 
At 5/23/2005 11:18 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

isn't happy trees man named bob something??

 
At 5/23/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger everyday.wonder said...

Oh man, I laughed out loud with your homemade self-macing kit... That was priceless. I can see it now, a sort of BBQ re-enactment of the whole Christmas tree/bird bomb incident...

 
At 5/23/2005 10:31 PM, Blogger Gunslinger said...

The happy tree guy is named Bob Ross, and his show was called "The Joy Of Painting.

 
At 5/25/2005 3:17 PM, Blogger Tim Lewis said...

May he rest in peace.

 
At 5/25/2005 3:52 PM, Blogger Dwayne said...

Amen

 
At 5/25/2005 11:08 PM, Blogger Big Mike Lewis said...

I like the kid running from the car...he looks so happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home