5.17.2005

It's not what you know, but WHO you know.

So last night Was Lisel's birthday party. After the party, I was heading home, and remembered that I needed to get milk. So I drove right past the house, and headed back to Salem to go to Safeway South. As I am heading towards Turner past my house, down the hill I go, zipping along at about 65-70 Mph. Right as I get towards the bottom of the hill, I notice the things that were about to make my happy little evening bad. Three cop cars. I slow down, and head to the stop sign and head into Turner. I knew I was boned when I saw the back-up lights on the Turner P.D. car. All three cars pull out behind me, and they put the light on me as soon as I got into the city limits. I pull over right away and turn off my truck. Turner's newest officer "Smilin Joe" approaches me and asks me where I was going in such a hurry. I respond..."To get some milk." He tells me I was doing 70, and I played dumb. I pass over my credentials, and he goes to the back of my car and runs my tags. I hear some laughing from behind my truck, and another officer approaches my door. I had a brief vision of all of the cops episodes where they discuss arresting an individual before one of the cops just open the door and ask me to step out. As the office gets to my window, I hear "Rutherford, why the fuck are you going so fast?" Kind of shocked, I look up trying to figure out what was going on, and see a guy I went to high school with. Darren Blaylock has apprently become an Aumsville police officer. We had a quick little catch up session while I am pulled over, and then Smilin Joe hands me my papers back and says, "You're lucky he recognized you, otherwise you woulda gotten a big ticket."

So as you can see, it's not what you know, its who you know.

3 Comments:

At 5/18/2005 1:42 PM, Blogger Tim said...

What do you love, bro? Now this is happening.

 
At 5/18/2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Gunslinger said...

The man.....

The bad man punted baxter....

I am in a glass case of emotion....

He punted baxter!!!

 
At 5/19/2005 2:22 AM, Blogger Gunslinger said...

I love lamp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home