10.15.2005

My last few weeks in review

I know it has been a while since I have had an update blog, so here it goes. Working backward. I had my drill with the guard for the month of October. It went quite well. As I had hoped, I was able to shoot expert on the rifle range-- scoring 39 out of 40 with my rifle. I was pumped. Only a couple others shot as well or better.

School. School started on the 26th of September. So far, I like all of my classes, and in my Math 095 class, I had my first test and scored 91%! I have a paper due in my writing class on Tuesday, and I will post the final draft here for all to read as soon as it is done. The next blog post I am working on has to do with my next paper's topic. So far school is kicking ass, and I am looking forward to doing well.

My car is back on the road! It took about a month to get enough money to make it happen, and I still don't trust it, but at least I have a decent looking car that has a stereo, and such amenities as power windows and locks. Let's all hope it lasts for a while.

Fun stuff. I saw A History of Violence. It was pretty good. It was definitely violent, but in the parts with no violence, or gratuitous sex and nudity, it seemed slow and disjointed. I wouldn't suggest seeing it for full price, but economy price or at somewhere like Northern Lights would be worth the investment. Monday night I was talking to my friend Roberda, and she asked me what was up for my Tuesday evening. I of course had nothing going on. She was in Portland for some training thing, and thought we might get a chance to hang out. I took a chance with my other crappy car (1984 GMC S-15 Jimmy) and headed to Portland to meet up for some undetermined evening plans. We took Max to downtown from Roberda's motel, and immediately began looking for some food as we were both starving. We ended up eating a fantastic dinner at Pazzo. We both had the salmon stuffed ravioli. It was awesome. She and I then ventured to find a local coffee shop for a cup of java. I had a grande black forest mocha and it was pretty darn tasty. It was getting pretty late at that point, Roberda had class the following day, and I had school as well. We caught Max back to the airport, and got a shuttle to her motel. I headed back home, and almost immediately got lost on Killingsworth. I ended up taking Killingswort/Portland Ave all the way to MLK, then MLK to Broadway and got on I-5. It was a very ethnic journey. All in all, I had a blast adventuring about P-Town with Roberda, and look forward to doing it again soon.

Today I watched football at Tyler's. The Beavers beat Cal, and USC beat Notre Dame. It wasn't televised, but the Ducks beat Washington! All in all, a great day in college football. Sorry for not including any links in this post. It is late, and I am feeling too lazy to work on links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home