8.19.2005

Math, P.T., and Reunions

So it has been a long time since I have posted, and a lot has been happening. I know that I now have at least four more readers. Welcome. I took my math final on Wednesday. I actually feel pretty good about it, but I have a hunch I will only pull a high "c" out of the class. But that is awesome, because I can finally move on with my math stuff. I hate math.

Two weekends ago was my August drill, which consisted of weapons qualifications, a P.T. Test, and a mandatory-fun day picnic. I used my trusty M-16 (mine is manufactured by FN, not colt, which is a good thing) and qualified as Sharpshooter. I really wanted to get expert, because of all the times I fired in the Army, I only missed expert twice. Anyway, after not using an M-16 for about 5 years, I guess I can't be too disappointed with one level below expert. The following day was a P.T. Test, which consists of two minutes of pushups, two minutes of situps, and a two mile run. I just missed it, although I made improvements. But I was pumped about it. After that, I had to go to a unit picnic. It sucked, but at least I got paid for it.

Last weekend was my ten year high school reunion. After much flip-flopping and deliberation, I flew in solo, and was really amazed at how much of an awesome time I had. If I hadn't gone, I think I may have missed out on a fantastic time, and a chance to see a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in a long time. I was shocked at how normal and pretty cool almost everyone was. I was kind of expecting everyone to not have changed I guess. Next time you see me, ask me about offending a local millionaire. As soon as I figure out how to use picasa and flickr, I will have about 80 photos for everyone's viewing pleasure.

All in all, things are going good. Still losing weight. Oh yeah, I have dumped two full pants sizes since May! Go me!

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 8:12 AM, Blogger everyday.wonder said...

Sheesh, you may hate math, but it seems like you were doing just fine with it. I was struggling a lot more with that same stuff when I was cranking through it at Chemeketa. Can't say I love math, but I can say I have a "strong aversion" to algebra. Ick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home