9.26.2005

Back to school blues

Well, it is officially Fall again. This is signified by cold mornings, early, vivid sunsets, acorn squash, and school.

Today was my first day of class. I have an 8:30 a.m. Math 095 class. I am kind of nervous about this class, as it represents the highest level of math I have ever taken. Most of you know how much I hate math. My nose doesn't get itchy, but I would rather sit through back to back showings of Titanic, and Pearl Harbor. I also have writing 122 "logic & style. I have that class tomorrow morning, after Math. By in large, I am kind of excited to get back into school.

This Sunday is the official Launch for Cascade Hills. If you have a chance, swing in for worship, it should prove to be awesome. I would love to be there, but I have to attend my National Guard Drill weekend. The good news, at least I will be able to have my rifle qualification again, and I intend to shoot expert. Last time I got Sharpshooter, one level below Expert. That wasn't that long ago, so hopefully I will shoot just two hits better. I also have another P.T. Test. Yuck. If there was one thing that haunted me through my entire military career, it was P.T. I am in the process of working that issue out now, so that if I ever do go back active, that will not be an issue.

I have added some new links recently. The first one you will notice, is the Michael Yon button. This is for an online magazine that has the rawest, most accurate Iraq reporting, from a guy on the ground with a Stryker battalion, where the metal meets the meat. Please read his blog, and pass the word. Next up is Daniels Political Musings. He is one of my favored political blogs. His is the reason I stick to non-political stuff here. Hard to do a better job than he does. The next one is Do or Die. Another good political blog to read. Finally, I added a link to Grouchy Media. They truly are the best videos on the internet. they take real videos and pictures from the frontlines and make music videos with them. If you feel no emotion while watching them, you should leave America.

So I need to go to bed now, because I gotta get up early for school. Thanks for all your readings, comments and support.

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 6:51 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Thanks for the kudos Gunslinger! And thanks for your service to our country. Good luck with your rifle qualification.

 
At 10/04/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Holly Hyde said...

Hmmm....I'm liking the sound of this writing class you're taking. However, I would probably flunk because there is never much logic to my writing.

My brother is in the service, and I know how important those PT's are, so I wish you well. I'm sure you'll do great.

 
At 10/05/2005 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your PT stuff went well. Looking forward to some Summit after that conversation today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home