6.16.2005

I rule beyond all comparison!

So I went to the gym yesterday, and weighed in. I HAVE LOST 20 FREAKING POUNDS IN ONE MONTH!!!! No, I am not sick, and no I do not think that 5 pounds a week is unhealthy. So yeah, I feel better, I look better (well thinner at least), and I am even more motivated to continue on my little fat stripping spree. So for all of you doubters and haters, here is my workout breakdown, I am refining it, and beginning next week, I think that this will be how it goes;

Monday: Breakfast (English muffin, or bowl of cheerios) 2 mile run, 3 sets pushups, 4 sets situps, snack (powerbar, or MRD) lunch (tuna sandwich or PB&J) 30-45 minutes on the stationary bike. Snack (powerbar or MRD) Dinner (balanced meal with protein, veggies, and the like)

Tuesday: Breakfast (English muffin, or bowl of cheerios) strength training (Arms, back neck, legs) Lighter weight, higher reps. Snack (powerbar, or MRD) lunch (tuna sandwich or PB&J) 30-45 minutes on the stationary bike. Snack (powerbar or MRD) Dinner (balanced meal with protein, veggies, and the like)

Wednesday: Breakfast (English muffin, or bowl of cheerios) 2 mile run, 3 sets pushups, 4 sets situps, snack (powerbar, or MRD) lunch (tuna sandwich or PB&J) 30-45 minutes on the stationary bike. Snack (powerbar or MRD) Dinner (balanced meal with protein, veggies, and the like)

Thursday: Breakfast (English muffin, or bowl of cheerios) strength training (Arms, back neck, legs) Lighter weight, higher reps. Snack (powerbar, or MRD) lunch (tuna sandwich or PB&J) 30-45 minutes on the stationary bike. Snack (powerbar or MRD) Dinner (balanced meal with protein, veggies, and the like)

Friday: Breakfast (English muffin, or bowl of cheerios) 2 mile run, 3 sets pushups, 4 sets situps, snack (powerbar, or MRD) lunch (tuna sandwich or PB&J) 30-45 minutes on the stationary bike, and maybe a 15-20 minute swim. Snack (powerbar or MRD) Dinner (balanced meal with protein, veggies, and the like)

I threw the swim in as extra for Fridays, because it will be leading into my weekends, which will be for recovery. I imagine that I will be getting tired of Tuna and PBJ's, so if anyone has any intelligent advice about a quick easy sandwich type thing that fits, let me know.

Maybe Mega-Hotty is just hanging on, in hopes that I too, will someday be fit and hot, and deserving of hanging out with her. I have no idea how I will ever be able to repay her for what she has to provoke the great changes in my life. But I am eternally grateful.

1 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger Because_I_Said_So said...

Congrats on the weight loss - and on the hottie.

I'd add a little protein to your breakfasts too. Even just five egg whites scrambled up with one whole egg or a scoop of a good quality protein powder added to your Cheerios would be helpful.

For lunches, here are some easy options:

* Make enough dinner the night before to plan leftovers - or rework it into an easy lunch. If you have chicken for dinner, for example, top a green salad with it for lunch the next day.

* Pita bread is your friend. You can throw just about any old thing in there and it seems like you're getting this new and exotic lunch. Well, maybe not exotic, but not the same old junk either.

* Wraps - take a tortilla, preferably whole wheat, and top it with all the regular sandwich stuff. Maybe add a schmear of light cream cheese. Again, same . . . but different.

* Spruce up your tuna - finely chop pickles, a tiny bit of onion, and celery and throw it into the mix. Include a little dill and a dash of cayenne pepper.

* Instead of that expensive lunch meat, just get a thing of turkey ham (usually around $3) and slice it as thin as you like. You can do the same with leftover grilled chicken. Use that as your lunch meat.

* Have a protein smoothie. Cup of milk, one banana, one orange, handful of berries, couple of scoops of protein powder. Blend it all up, then drink. Easy peasy.

I don't know how easy you need your lunches to be, but those are my uber-easy ideas. There's always the yogurt and cottage cheese trick or hard-boiled egg whites and a fruit of some sort for a quick snack with protein and carbs. Hope all that helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home