2.05.2005

How do you find any punishment to fit this crime?

So I was watching Fox news today, and they did a segment on a Florida couple accused of torturing their children. To the extent of pulling out toenails with pliers and hitting them with hammers. The sixteen year old girl weighed something like 45 pounds. I couldn't find the article on the Fox news webpage, but I found the article here on MSN. So how can there be any punishment sever enough to Fix these people to be productive, sane members of our fair society? My initial response, was that it was the arresting officer's duty to give each of those parents two to the back of the head. That would be way to easy, and really not solve any problem. Seriously, how bad would any child have to behave, in order for a parent to pull out that kids toenails? I am actually at a loss for words as I type this, it makes me sick as hell, and beyond angry. I put these scumbags on a lower level than the 9/11 terrorists. For any of you who know my feelings about 9/11, you will know that it would be hard to get lower on the scale of scumbag than those guys. Screw it, I am too pissed to keep typing.

7 Comments:

At 2/05/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger ted said...

Personally I don't think out criminal justice system should focus on rehabilitation. I think it should be there for punishment. It is obvious that what we have now is not working. No one is scared of it in any way. What bothers me about this story is that one of the kids was 16. That means that it's very likely that this crap has been going on for some time and no one did anything. As a parent I have no idea how someone could treat their own child this way. Was it Heart that wrote the song Hell is for Children?

 
At 2/06/2005 2:25 PM, Blogger everyday.wonder said...

I have to wonder what rehabilitation would even mean for people like this. Perhaps a clinical psychologist could look deeply into this situation and firmly believe that some therapy and meds could fix the situation. What would be the purpose of placing people like this in jail? What would a normal jail do with psychosis like this?

Or perhaps we just have to call it what it is--not a psychosis, but sin. Ugliness, twisted deformity of the human soul that can be coerced into acts this hideous. No wonder God had to take desperate measures with us...

 
At 2/07/2005 10:41 AM, Blogger ted said...

I think that what putting them in prison would accomplish would be to remove them from society. That's really the only thing short of killing them that I can think of.

In regard to their being observed by a clinical psycologist of some sort, the only benefit I can see to that is possibly being able to find out how they got to this point so that we can prevent it from happening to others.

 
At 2/07/2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Alien Shaman said...

I second the double tap notion, simple, easy, but I don't like the idea of a cop deciding guilt - of course there isn't much to question here now is there.

The criminals need to be in A) a 6x6 room that is dark and let them rot forever, or B) enforced slave labor to build our border wall.

Rehabilitation is a joke, execution is too expensive and takes too long, but free labor - that would be useful.

 
At 2/07/2005 3:37 PM, Blogger CapitalistPig said...

You imply that child abusers are a lower form of scum than terrorists. I'd just like to point out that 9/11 terrorists came from a society where female circumcision is routine. A relevent question to illustrate my point is this: What is worse? Ripping out a child's toenails or cutting off a little girl's clitoris and labia without anestesia?

Obviously both are pretty bad things. My point is that the islamo-fascist terrorists aren't just terrorists. They are abusers of children as well. Just take a look at how women and children are treated in any country where Sharia law is practiced as an illustration of my point. This is a point I think the MSM has been remiss to make...even if the islamo-fascists weren't blowing up our buildings they would still fit right in with any of the lowest scum of humanity for plenty of other reasons as well...

 
At 2/08/2005 12:50 AM, Blogger Vintage said...

some people just dont deserve what they have. and can never earn it.

 
At 2/08/2005 2:45 AM, Blogger Gunslinger said...

Well I put the radical islamists in a whole seperate category. Again, any of you know me, know that I think we need to go on another crusade, and cleanse the earth of the islamic people. Yup, I said it. Feel free to hate mail me all you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home