2.05.2005

How do you find any punishment to fit this crime?

So I was watching Fox news today, and they did a segment on a Florida couple accused of torturing their children. To the extent of pulling out toenails with pliers and hitting them with hammers. The sixteen year old girl weighed something like 45 pounds. I couldn't find the article on the Fox news webpage, but I found the article here on MSN. So how can there be any punishment sever enough to Fix these people to be productive, sane members of our fair society? My initial response, was that it was the arresting officer's duty to give each of those parents two to the back of the head. That would be way to easy, and really not solve any problem. Seriously, how bad would any child have to behave, in order for a parent to pull out that kids toenails? I am actually at a loss for words as I type this, it makes me sick as hell, and beyond angry. I put these scumbags on a lower level than the 9/11 terrorists. For any of you who know my feelings about 9/11, you will know that it would be hard to get lower on the scale of scumbag than those guys. Screw it, I am too pissed to keep typing.

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2005 2:25 PM, Blogger everyday.wonder said...

I have to wonder what rehabilitation would even mean for people like this. Perhaps a clinical psychologist could look deeply into this situation and firmly believe that some therapy and meds could fix the situation. What would be the purpose of placing people like this in jail? What would a normal jail do with psychosis like this?

Or perhaps we just have to call it what it is--not a psychosis, but sin. Ugliness, twisted deformity of the human soul that can be coerced into acts this hideous. No wonder God had to take desperate measures with us...

 
At 2/08/2005 2:45 AM, Blogger Gunslinger said...

Well I put the radical islamists in a whole seperate category. Again, any of you know me, know that I think we need to go on another crusade, and cleanse the earth of the islamic people. Yup, I said it. Feel free to hate mail me all you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home