1.11.2005

What the hell is wrong with me?

So I was sitting in the living room tonight. I had just finished timing all of the chase scenes for Friday's movie marathon, (By the way, there are about 9 chases, and it comes in at exactly one hour) and I flipped on the cable. On the IFC, they were playing the widescreen version of The Usual Suspects when I just started surfing around. I landed on I think TBS (Not worthy of a hyperlink) and they were showing Blue Crush. It had just started, and I was hoping to see something in the first 30 seconds that would help me shy away from this film. No such luck. Part of the reason (to my defense) that I turned off of Usual Suspects, is because it was just right at the scene where they attack the ship to kill the guy. A film like that truly should be watched from the beginning. Anyway, back to the crapastic movie at hand. I had assumed that this would be a Fast and Furious (also not worthy of a hyperlink) version of a decent surfing movie. Actually I am not sure that there is one. About the closest I can come up with, is Point Break, which has more than just surfing.

Blue Crush was actually better than I expected. Now for those of you about to criticize me for watching and enjoying the mediocrity of it, I didn't say that it was a good movie, I just said it was better than I expected. The chicks in it were attractive, and it followed your average athlete girl strife, where "she is a struggling this or that, and then a great guy comes along and messes it up, but in the end, he is actually supportive, as she goes out and does the best she can." The Chick didn't place first in the surfing competition, and the guy did come back for her, and she got the Billabong sponsorship.

I certainly wasn't expecting a good film here, so why the hell did I stop watching what is arguably a film classic (The best unreliable storyteller flick I have ever seen.) for a trendy, poorly filmed, badly acted and directed movie about surfer girls? Who knows, I knew right out of the gate, I would not be seeing any real skin, profanity, violence, or any of the other stuff that usually makes this tripe bearable. It must have been something to do with insisting on watching every movie, bad or good, so that I can be a true aficionado. Yeah, that's the ticket.

1 Comments:

At 1/12/2005 2:25 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Hahaha.....Blue Crush...oh man...my eyes are tearing up from laughing...

Thanks for omitting certain links.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home