1.07.2005

I need some input

OK, So I have to write a ten minute play by the end of this term for my writing 243 class. I have a few ideas floating around, but I need some input from all of you out there as to which one sounds better. Or perhaps, something I am missing all together. So here are my ideas:

Two friends sitting in a foxhole, the night before the enemy will most certainly overrun them. They will probably be dead or captured within the next 24 hours, so they have to mentally prepare for that.

Two brothers, who aren't very close, have to travel across the country in a car together to pick up their recently deceased father's possessions. They dislike their dad, and as the trip progresses, they come to realize that he was a good man, and they are who they are because of him.

A standard issue guy gets dumped, and his friend tries to help him through it. His misery dwells on all of the wonderful things they had together. It takes his long-time single and rather cynical friend to show him that the good was miniscule compared to the bad. By the end, he realizes that she really was a bitch, and that he is better off without her. This could be a comedy.

I have some really rough ideas about several other things. Like an interrogation series between a cop and a wrongfully accused suspect. (yawn)

Two teenagers walking home from school witness a murder, then struggle about how to tell the cops without getting killed themselves.

Something like a 30 year old used car salesman has to come to grips with the fact that he is a dreadful loser.

A fairly oblivious guy gets told by his girlfriend that she is a lesbian. (could also be a comedy)

OK, so those are several of the ideas that I have been fielding. The first two are the ones that I think would be easiest for me to come up with. But they could both also easily run past ten minutes.

So send me your input!

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger everyday.wonder said...

I straight up liked the first one. Very intriguing, but it might be hard to get right, but it could be worth it. On the other hand, I think you could probably write the lesbian one in your sleep and it would turn out pretty funny; I wonder how this would fly in a "liberal arts" class...

If I were you, I'd try my hand at the first one, give it a couple of runs and see if anything flows. I'd really enjoy something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home