11.05.2005

If you have ever considered donating money for a good cause, THIS is the one

Between now and November 11th, VETERANS DAY, Project Valour-IT is having a little fundraising competition, to see which military branch team can raise the most funds. Of course, I joined the only team worth joining in the competition, the ARMY team. Led by team leader Blackfive. There are, however, teams for Air-Force, Marines, and Navy, for those of you who feel you need to go that route. Seriously, I can't think of a better use of funds. I am basically a broke college student, and I think I will donate half of this month's National Guard drill pay. If my service can give one of my fellow servicemen the ability to communicate again, then I have done my duty as a soldier. I have added a donation button, and a team tracking box to the right. If you are asking what Project Valour-IT is, here is a snippet from their main page:

"Project Valour-IT, in memory of SFC William V. Ziegenfuss, provides voice-controlled software and laptop computers to wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand and arm injuries or amputations at major military medical centers. Operating laptops by speaking into a microphone, our wounded heroes are able to send and receive messages from friends and loved ones, surf the 'Net, and communicate with buddies still in the field without having to press a key or move a mouse. The experience of CPT Charles "Chuck" Ziegenfuss, a partner in the project who suffered hand wounds while serving in Iraq, illustrates how important this voice-controlled software can be to a wounded servicemember's recovery."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home