2.07.2006

How it is

Well, this is another one of those just semi-interesting "the way things are in my life right now" posts. I have a few good posts in mind, but need time to work on them, which is in short supply now. So here goes. . .

I got sick. It was really really lame. A week and a half ago I got a chest and sinus cold. I leveled me for most of last week, and I am just now on the road to a full recovery.

Math is going well, I took my midterm, and got an 85% on it! I was stoked. It looks like I am actually going to make it through pre-calc, which keeps me on track with getting to OSU in the fall. Who knew?

I got a JOB! Wow, all these years of just slumming it, I finally got a job. I think back to the cousin Eddie character in the Vacation movies, who has been out of work for 14 years, because he is holding out for a management position. Well, I got a management position. I wasn't trying. Honest. I just wanted a job as the minimum wage flunky at AutoZone, so I put in an application for a part timer there. Well, apparently based on my qualifications, they offered me a job as part time parts sales manager. I was pretty shocked. I start my training on Monday. This job will be a pretty good fit for me, because I only drive shitty cars, and this way I will be able to get a discount on parts.

I am knee deep in my Research Writing class assignment. My topic is about the potential collapse of General Motors, and it's effect on economies and what not. I am writing it from a problem/solution stance. If you have anything intelligent to offer, feel free to post it. Things I consider not intelligent from the standpoint of helping my paper are comments like "American cars suck. " anyway, I have to write a 12-16 page paper by the end of term about this. I am excited, because it is a topic I am really interested in.

Not a whole lot else going on, lots of school work, soon to be lots of hours at work, getting better after being sick, looking forward to nicer weather, and all that jazz. Thanks for continuing to read. I am really starting to wonder if the collective shine has worn off blogging in this community of readership I have.

I guess I will try to also include a picture for your viewing pleasure as well.

I saw a guy wearing this T-shirt the other day. I thought it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home